【領導智慧】領導要培養的八項核心技能 Eight Core Skills for Leadership Development
哈佛商學院教授 Linda Hill 認為，卓越的領導者並非天生具備超凡能力，而是通過不斷地學習、適應和成長，在實踐中磨練出堅韌和激勵他人的能力。領導力是自我發展的過程，需要願意並能夠學習如何領導。
Professor Linda Hill, a leadership expert at Harvard Business School, believes that exceptional leaders are not born with extraordinary abilities, but rather develop resilience and the capacity to inspire others through continuous learning, adaptation, and growth. Leadership is a process of self-development, requiring the willingness and ability to learn how to lead.
Cultivating the following eight core skills is crucial in workplace leadership, as they not only enhance your professional qualities but also help you stand out in various environments:
- Authenticity: Authenticity is the cornerstone of leadership. Through self-reflection, understand your strengths and weaknesses and improve them in appropriate situations.
- Curiosity: Curiosity keeps leaders yearning to learn and explore. Continuously asking questions and embracing the unknown is the driving force behind personal and team advancement.
- Analytical Ability: Learning to dissect complex problems, identify root causes, and propose innovative solutions is key to problem-solving for leaders.
- Adaptability: Maintaining flexibility and openness in a changing environment is not only necessary for personal career development but also a crucial element of effective leadership.
- Creativity: Creating an environment that encourages innovation and sparks team creativity is more important than relying solely on personal inspiration.
- Courage in Facing Uncertainty: Making decisions amidst multiple choices and contradictions, and considering problems from various angles, requires leaders to be capable of handling uncertainty.
- Resilience: Continuously seeking new solutions and not easily giving up in the face of challenges.
- Empathy: Empathy is not only the ability to understand others but also fundamental in creating a supportive work environment and crucial for enhancing team effectiveness.
Becoming a leader is a continuous process of learning and growth. It requires leaders to actively face challenges, seek feedback, and constantly cultivate connections and understanding with their team. Continuously honing these skills will help leaders excel in the dynamic workplace environment.