【安靜辭職】調查：僅四分之一受訪員工強烈感覺到公司關心他們的福祉 Survey suggests only one-fourth of the surveyed employees strongly feel that the company cares about their well-being
In Gallup's research, only one-fourth of the surveyed employees strongly feel that their company cares about their well-being, and this proportion has been declining since the beginning of the pandemic. This has a significant impact in today's intertwined work and life environment.
Employees who believe that their company cares about them demonstrate higher levels of engagement at work, lower willingness to seek new jobs, and lower likelihood of experiencing excessive fatigue. They are more likely to enthusiastically recommend their company, trust the company's leadership, and experience overall greater prosperity in life. For companies, this translates to higher customer engagement, profitability, and productivity, as well as lower attrition rates and fewer safety incidents.
However, since 2020, employee expectations have undergone significant changes. They now need to consider more factors, including whether their employer cares about their well-being. This situation leads to increasing disconnection between employees and employers, with serious implications for customer retention.
Here are five strategies we propose to address this situation:
- Build trust in leadership by making decisions that reflect company values.
- Embrace a flexible work environment while planning for the future.
- Prioritise employee well-being, especially mental health.
- Foster open and innovative communication with employees and customers through multiple channels (e.g., podcasts, company applications, online company conferences, YouTube).
- Enhance managers' skills to effectively manage performance in times of change, playing a crucial role in the above four strategies.
Overall, businesses must recognize that employee well-being is not just a personal matter but directly impacts company performance. For long-term development, companies need to invest more time and effort in caring for and supporting our employees, enhancing their sense of pride and responsibility.